I needed a new coat rack for my house, so I decided to make one with some old books and a few coat hangers that i bought in a hardware store. For the books I went to my local second hand store, because I wanted books that were quite big and had colourful covers.
I also bought a green book of the same size that I did not photograph for some reason. I wanted 2 books flat up against the wall with the coat handles attached to then, and then 1 book placed on brackets so I could put my gloves and hats on the top.
So I drilled some holes in the books and attached the hooks with screws. And then I just drilled some holes into the wall and put the books up! Actually a very easy project 🙂
I used these screws to attach the coat handles to the books. Because the backs of the screws kind of get turned into the pages of the book, and assures it won’t fall open or the screws will come out as you use the handles.
And voila, the result. I am very very happy with my new coat racks!
I’ve had this beautiful black Bershka bag with a boombox printed on it for years, and it is starting to fall apart. The handles have tears in them and the holes in the bottom are big enough for me to lose my keys. So it was time to make a new one. I found this really cute fabric with little sheep on them, so I drew up a pattern and started sewing.
So this is my beloved old bag. I still use it for doing grocery shopping sometimes, and it looks even worse now. 🙂
I found this really cute fabric with little sheep on it at a crafts fair a couple of months ago.
So I just measured my old bag and then drew up a very simple pattern for the new one.
I cut the pattern from the pattern paper, folded over the fabric and pinned the pattern on. I cut it out, leaving a few extra centimeters for the hems. Then I just sewed the sides together, and hemmed the top. I cut 2 strips of fabric for the shoulder straps and sewed those on.
And voila, the result.
Funny story. Pretty much one of the first days I used my new bag I dropped it in front of my front door, while it had half a liter of cream in it. Of course the cups with the cream broke and my bag and everything in it (and soon my coat, skirt and tights too) was covered in cream. I tried to save my agenda, phone, keys and book as well as I could, and threw everything washable into the washing machine immediately. I had to wash the bag 4 times at a high temperature before I finally got the smell out. Clumsy me! 🙂
I visited Dublin with some friends a couple of weeks ago to celebrate the start of the new year there. I brought my camera to practice a little more with taking photos. So here are some of my favorites 🙂
Festival of lights in Dublin New Year’s 2016
We did a day trip to Northern Ireland to visit the Giants Causeway
The weather was not great…
On the way back to Dublin we had a short stop in Belfast
Welcome everyone! So this will be my first project that I will post online, so I am a little scared 🙂
I am absolutely addicted to Pinterest, and I love maps and traveling. So when I found a photo of a world map done in string art I fell in love. I will just link to the Etsy Shop of the first string art world map I found. I am not sure if this is the original creator, as there are now hundreds of photos of people doing these on Pinterest.
So this is my end result, now let’s see how I got there 🙂
I started with a world map I found on google images and enlarged in Words and printed. I still had a wooden lid of a box which I used as the underground. As the box is outside on my balcony as a planter so it doesn’t need a lid. Then I had some oil to oil the plank, but this is not a necessity. And of course some nails, a hammer and several colors of string. I also had some very thin paper I use for copying sewing patterns.
I copied the world map onto the thin paper, because I wanted to be able to re-use the world map I printed. Then I put the copy onto the wooden plank and started putting in the nails with my hammer. This is actually not as easy as it might look, and I had a few nails go a little sideways or crooked, oops. Then I took the first colour of string and started ‘colouring’ in Africa, then South America, and then the rest of the world.
And voila, my end result, as displayed in my living room. I am actually quite happy with the result! 🙂